Here are some quick guides to introduce nip2. These guides are part of the nip2 manual: click Help / Contents to view the guide while using the program.
- Quick interface tour
- Runs quickly though some easy stuff to show how the interface works.
- Infrared reflectogram mosaic tour
- Explains how to use nip2 to build reflectogram mosaics.
- Nerd tour
- Goes into some detail about the insides of nip2 and how to program your own widgets.
The following full guides are on-line:
- nip2 Users' Guide
- This is an online copy of the documentation included with the program. We have the same thing formatted as PDF.
- NIP2 Beginners Guide
- The beginners guide has now been added directly to the wiki here.
- VIPS Manual. Also available as PDF.
- API documentation
- Manual pages for every operation.
- Various Hello World programs
- gtkdisp, a tiny demo program that displays a VIPS image pipeline in a window. C and C++ versions
There's also a package of example code and images for vips 7.10 in the vips-7.10 download area.
Consider referencing one of these in your publications if you use VIPS/nip --- it helps us keep it going.
We still have the vips-7.22 docs available.