nip2-7.10 included examples
nip2 comes with a set of example workspaces. Start the program, click File / Open Examples, doubleclick one of the directories and load the workspace that appears. The examples are:
- assembles a small infrared reflectogram using the one-point mosaic functions (ie. tiles are joined by just translating them).
- assembles a small mosaic using the two-point mosaic functions (ie. tiles can be rotated and scaled). Useful for assembling X-ray mosaics.
- lays out a sheet of business cards. Just for fun, really, but it shows how to use the text and tile menus.
- show how to use the clone tool in the X-ray menu to remove lead numbers from overlaps.
- show how to use the frame tools in the Tasks menu to put sample picture frames around paintings.
- renders the odd-looking VIPS logo on the website. Much more complicated than it needs to be, really, but fun for playing with text.
- how to remove stretcher bars and the cradle from an X-ray.
- using the overlay and blend items to compare two images.
- aligning two images.