Wednesday 13 December 2006
Thursday 23 November 2006
New development snapshot 7.11.16 fixes a few bugs.
Monday 16 November 2006
Ooops, the stable windows binary was packed incorrectly, fixed now.
Wednesday 1 November 2006
Of course I rushed 7.11.14 and there was a horrible race condition :-( New development snapshot 7.11.15 fixes it.
Monday 30 October 2006
New development snapshot 7.11.14 adds a mmap window manager for a good speedup on large workspaces (or with many CPUs), almost-done python bindings, and small stuff.
Friday 6 October 2006
New development snapshot adds an SMP benchmark operation, improved C++ API, adds GValue as an argument type, adds im_buildlut() and fixes a few bugs.
Friday 15 September 2006
New development snapshot adds Python bindings for the C and C++ APIs (thanks Jean).
Wednesday 6 September 2006
New development snapshot, 7.11.11. Highlights include:
- workspaces load and recalculate in the background, very cool
- half-there vips8 interface for testing of the new stuff
- merged Analyze and Vips8 menus
- more than 30 bugfixes
- many small features and polish
There's a windows binary that includes OpenEXR load.
Wednesday 30 August 2006
Tuesday 11 July 2006
New website is up! Very exciting.
Friday 23 June 2006
Sourceforge CVS seems to be working again, so I've updated vips-7.11, nip2-7.11 and vips-8.0. These are now the current working copies.
I revised the instructions for CVS access and they seem to work now.
Thursday 22 June 2006
New development snapshot with some fun stuff:
- on-demand processing of OpenEXR images, and a new tile cache shared with TIFF read
- added CSV write, and transparent read/write of .csv files
- nip2 can now link to vips8 for testing
- "dir" builtin enumerates scopes (like Python)
- ... lots of bugfixes
Monday 19 June 2006
New stable 7.10.20 fixes a couple of nasty bugs:
- nip's display control bar was broken for complex images (thanks Jean)
- Some non-C locales could not read floating point numbers (thanks Peter)
- A reference counting problem in the nip/vips interface could cause rare crashes
- A race condition in the vips threading object could cause errors on multi-cpu machines with linux 2.6.15 and greater
Wednesday 31 May 2006
New bluesky snapshot. Redone argument system and refcounting, all leak-free now. Minor API changes.
Monday 15 May 2006
New development snapshots are up. New features this month: OpenEXR read, RGB16 and GREY16 view hints, improved 64-bit support, improved Mac OS X support, image projections, histogram gravity, fixed-up 7.10 compatibility, various bugfixes.
Saturday 13 May 2006
Sourceforge CVS has been changed. Any developers need to remake their local repositories. We've updated the instructions on the development page.
Friday 12 May 2006
New stable 7.10.19, with some useful bugfixes:
- A rounding problem could sometimes cause a 'comb' pattern to appear along image edges when you used a two-point mosaic (thanks Clare Richardson)
- ICC colour transformations could sometimes contain errors on machines with 2 or more CPUs
- Fixes to Custom Morphology and Grid Pattern (thanks Dave Weaver)
- The windows build now has a updated rubbersheet plugin (thanks Chi Yin Cheung)
- Five or six small fixes discovered by our new validation workspace, yea.
And other smaller stuff, see the ChangeLogs for details.
Saturday 22 April 2006
New development snapshot, 7.11.7. This month: image projections, automatic format conversion on save, Clock class lets you do video and animations in nip, better navigation in large workspaces, new statistics operations, new command-line interface for nip, other small stuff.
Friday 10 March 2006
New development snapshot, 7.11.6. New this month: CSV import, jump-to-column, sliders now have captions, lots of small stuff.
Wednesday 15 February 2006
New development snapshot, 7.11.5. More small features and bugfixes.
Friday 27 January 2006
We've created a bluesky area with what we have so far for the vips-after-next.
Monday 23 January 2006
New development snapshot, 7.11.4. A few small features and bugfixes. There's now a preference to turn off the tile fade effect if you want ... it seems to be a bit slow on windows.
Monday 23 January 2006
New stable version, 7.10.18. This fixes a minor bug when loading indexed PNG images with an alpha channel. The windows build now includes the rubbersheet plugin.