This menu groups operations which operate on matricies.
nip2 has four ways of displaying a matrix, but they all
behave in the same way under the skin. Almost all the items
in the Math menu will work on matricies. Most of the
matrix operations will also work on images.
- The first four items make matricies which display
and edit in various ways useful for different
applications. The final two make matricies which
are pre-filled with useful numbers.
Convert to Matrix
- Try to make anything into a
- This group of items extracts various
submatricies. You can also do this graphically: just
drag-select an area in matrix.
Insert, Delete, …
- Also work on images, which can
be handy. A 45 degree rotate will only work for
square matricies with odd-length sides.
- Simple matrix-only maths operations.
- This takes a two-column matrix
where the columns are the X and Y positions of
points and draws a scatter graph.