nip2 is a user interface for the VIPS image processing
library. It is designed to be fast, even when working with
very large images, and to be easy to extend.
This guide is split into quite a few chapters:
- If you want to use nip2 to assemble infrared
mosaics, you should read Chapter 3. The middle
section in the tutorial (see §2.2) does IR mosaics
- If you want to use nip2 for general image
processing, work through Chapter 2.
- If you have specific questions about some part of
nip2’s user-interface, look at Chapter 4.
- If you’re really hardcore, take a look at Chapter 6,
which covers programming.
- If you want to know more about VIPS, the image
processing package underlying nip2, try the VIPS
If nip2 has installed correctly you should see something
like Figure 1.1 when it starts up.
Figure 1.1: nip2 as it starts up