6.4 Naming conventions
You can name things in any way you like, but we’ve used
the following conventions.
- Classes start with a capital letter, words are
separated with underscores, subsequent words are
not capitalised (eg. Image_file)
- Private names are prefixed with underscores (and
are hidden by most of the user interface)
- Functions from the VIPS library are prefixed with
- Global utility functions (eg. map), public members
(eg. Colour.colour_space) are all lower
case, words are separated with underscores,
subsequent words are not capitalised
- Constants are capitalised (eg.